Blue Ridge Log Cabin Materials & Features
At Blue Ridge Log Cabins, we use premium quality materials at every step in the crafting of your home. You can invest with confidence knowing that every detail of our quality-controlled, weather-protected process has been carefully perfected over nearly 3 decades of experience manufacturing - from roof to floor, and exterior to interior.
- 2” X 10” Double Perimeter Band
- 2” X 10” Engineered Floor Trusses on 16” Centers
- 5/8” OSB Sub Floor Glued then Nailed to Trusses
- 1” X 6” Tongue & Groove Pine Flooring
Exterior Wall Construction
- 6” X 8” Eastern White Pine D-Shaped Air & Kiln Dried Logs – Butt and Pass System
- 6” X 12” Eastern White Pine Air & Kiln Dried Logs – Dove Tail
- 8” X 8” Eastern White Pine D-Shaped Air & Kiln Dried Logs – Butt and Pass System
- 5/8” OSB Decking
- 30 Pound felt
- 30 Year Architectural Shingles
- Flood Lights
- Hose Bibs
- Electrical Outlets
- 1” X 12” Tongue & Groove Pine Wall Board
- Knotty Pine Arched Wood Interior Doors
- Double Hung All Vinyl Thermal Pane Low E Windows
- Merillat Cabinets
- Ceiling Fans in Bedrooms & Living Areas
- Optional Ply Gem Aluminum Clad windows with Wood Interior Finish
Additional Standard Features
- 30” Whirlpool Electrical Range
- 25 Cu. Ft. Whirlpool Refrigerator Side by Side with Ice Maker in Door
- 24” Whirlpool Dishwasher
- Whirlpool Spacesaver Microwave Over the Range
- Garbage Disposal
- Water Heater
- 200 Amp Electric Service
Blue Ridge Log Cabins offer log profile options to give your log cabin a personal touch. We have a log shape that will best fit the vision of your dream home, whether traditional or modern.
“D” Shape (6” X 8”):
This log profile, the most popular in the log home industry, is rounded on the exterior and flat on the interior of your home. The rounded look of the exterior gives you the authentic look of a log cabin, while still providing practicality of the flat walls on the inside to conveniently hang pictures and shelves.
Flat Dovetail (6″ X 12″):
The interior and exterior of this log profile is flat. The large log needed for this profile and Dovetail connection offers a distinctive look for the home owner that demands something special. Your home will have a more contemporary appeal with the Flat Dovetail due to the smaller seams that give your home a clean, flawless finish. This profile is slightly more expensive than our standard, due to the large log and extra labor needed to produce it.
“D” Shape (8” X 8”):
This log profile, offers added thermal mass for improved energy efficiency and it’s wider profile adds a substantial feel. The 8” x 8” log is preferred in colder climates, where the benefits of the increased thermal mass is appreciated. The rounded look of the exterior gives you the authentic look of a log cabin, while still providing practicality of the flat walls on the inside to conveniently hang pictures and shelves.